Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BORING!

I got really bored today. I am READY to have a job again and to go to work every day. I got so bored that I felt rebellious, ate a bunch of food instead of dinner and blew off the gym to go to the grocery store with my roommate and then make sushi and watch a bad movie.

So I know that I can't stay inside all day reading blogs and checking email because there is a limit to how long that is really engaging for.

So I've set some specific weekly goals to help me motivate myself and get the projects done that need getting done so I won't be stressed when I do work full time (plus) again.

Goals for the next 3 weeks:

For the remainder of week 1: Finish all my garden projects that CAN be finished at this juncture. This means turning over and weeding another corner of the yard to prepare it for planting, doing another treasure hunt for dog turds, planting some container plants in the ground, planting sunflowers in front of the house and setting up the downspouts so that the water flows into my rainwater barrels. This actually is less work than it sounds consider that I have 8 hours a day to do it in and its pretty easy.

Week 2: Get my car in great shape. I'll start with cleaning it and doing something about the massive mess of unknown articles in the trunk. I've hauled a lot of plants, dirt and manure in the backseat so I've got my cleaning work cut out for me. Then I might as well use the parts I bought which are sitting in the garage and: replace the water pump, fix the window regulator (and put the door back together), do a friggin oil change and replace the exterior trim (after 1.5 years of driving around with little holes all around the side of the car where the trim is supposed to snap into place). There are other projects which need doing and I'll remember 'em when I get there. Oh, a belt needs to be tightened. 

Week 3: Inside projects. Finish painting the half painted kitchen wall, replace the trip on the windowseat. Put some moulding in the dining room and do something with the furniture so that it doesn't look like a storage area. Paint the downstairs hallway and the stairwell and the doors and doorframes too! Hang artwork and get frames. 


Ahhhh. Now I AM working 8 hours a day, just on too-long neglected stuff in my own life. If I can get all these things done before going back to work, I'll be thrilled. I always have a huge backlog of projects (and emails and voicemails and bills) but now I'm almost caught up and I can move AHEAD instead of being stuck in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment