Saturday, April 11, 2009

What I've Been Doing (and why its not worth doing anymore)

I'm used to worrying about money. I've been doing it for years. I do that whole get-paid-and-go-deposit-the-check-just-in-time-for-that-other-check-to-not-bounce dance for, uh, five years now. 

But this whole time I have been suffering with the deep faith and whole knowledge that what I was doing with my life and with my time was well worth the struggle.

But now that I have struggled and I have done what I set out to do (more or less), its time to make some money again.

I would be making money through some of the endeavors that I mortgaged my future (and borrowed myself to the max) for except that the economy has eliminated those specific opportunities.

I was a realtor. Yeah. That one needs no explanation these days.

And then I was an actor in a state where all the work has been exported to states that offer better incentives. I moved here when this place was considered "Hollywood South". Now its just another city. 

Plus, I don't know if I even want to be caught up in that image-centric, youth obsessed industry anymore. 

So, yeah. Its time to go back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment