Saturday, April 11, 2009

Living the Full Time Life

Now that I've decided to go back to work FULL TIME, I need to start practicing. 

Looking for a job is a full time job in and of itself.

So there are two things I am going to do:

1. Live each day as if I were working my ideal full-time work schedule: 9-5, Monday-Friday

2. Do things in the "work" time that I will not have time to do when I go back to work.


So. In order to do #1. I will:

Get up at the same time every "work" day and get dressed in "work" clothes and be out the door in time to get to "work" on time. 

Not stress about finding a job on my days off because I know I've put in a lot of effort during my work week.

And that brings us to the fun part: #2

Things I am going to do while I still have time (that I will be pissed at myself for NOT doing when I had the time when I find myself working 40+ hours a week again and doing nothing productive on the weekends because I am so exhausted from the work week):

1. Go shopping (at Ross and Goodwill) for awesome work clothes for my ideal imaginary job. This, according to the law of attraction will help me find the ideal job where I get to wear my own clothes and look like a hottie all day.

2. Finish long forgotten projects on the house. The first one is to finish putting in my vegetable garden so that even if I don't get a job, I'll at least be able to eat.

3. Get a jump start on getting the junk outta my trunk! I've gained 15 lbs in the past year. I don't need to be carrying that with me everywhere I go. Plus, if I get it off I'll fit into about 80% more of my current wardrobe. 

4. Get the junk outta my car's trunk. And get an oil change. And replace the water pump and do some cosmetic stuff that has been on the backburner for eons. Of course, I do this all myself, so its not expensive. It does, however, take a lot of time. And while I'm at it, I might go ahead a fix the brakes on my beach cruiser bicycle so when I find a job within biking distance I'll be ready to ride to work in my heels and hose.

5. Make a realistic game plan and schedule for all of my other projects. I'm afraid that when I go back to working full time, all my precious projects will fall to the wayside. I need to know that I'll still be able to exercise and walk my dog and water the yard and write my blog and create a singles community and make postcards and keep the house clean and orderly. If I make a gameplan and figure out the details AND start practicing in advance, the transition back to working won't be as traumatic. 

So, there you go! I am going to start my new plan on Monday. Tomorrow is Sunday which is my Secular Sabbath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment