Saturday, April 11, 2009

This Blog is About . . .

I decided to start another short-term blog in addition to my regular blog Singlutionary. I am unemployed. I have been underemployed for uh, years. I'm an artist, a writer, an actor, a homemaker-of-sorts and so I had other things I was working on this whole time. And they were worth being broke over.

But now its time for me to go back to work full time. I've accomplished what I've set out to accomplish and in order to make the next move (whatever it may be) I need to be debt free with some money in the bank. 

So I need to work again. Of course I choose a time to re-join the workforce when there is NO workforce. This is a time of historic unemployment, blah blah blah.

The good new is that I've been broke so long that a few more months won't matter much to me.

The bad news is that I haven't held a "job" in so long that my resume looks like a patchwork quilt made from scraps. 

So every way, every day that I try to re-enter the workforce (all the while reevaluating my decision to do so) I will blog. I know lots of people are going through the same kind of thing so here is my story. Please feel free to comment, to vent, to suggest and to cry and condemn this system. 

I am still growing vegetables in my backyard and with them I grow the hope that my return to working for "the man" will be short-lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment